Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2021

Media - Day 3

Digital Age: Modern Technology Sparks and Shares Creativity

"Digital technology engages learners because of the sight, sound and motion. They inspire creative ideas and allow students to record their learning."

It was refreshing to listen to how modern technology is seen as a creative tool in a variety of ways. Everyone recognises that technological devices are important tools to use in schools because it expands classroom learning far beyond school grounds. In a world that is constantly changing or advancing digitally, it can be hard to keep up with rapid innovation of new technologies/ apps/ tools/ sites. In my personal time I will play around on different apps and sites that I hear about. Depending on their safety and accessibility I may share videos with my class or use different tools for students to share their learning. After today, I feel excited about using more platforms for learning and addition keeping students up to date with digital skills.

I think todays sessions has supported my confidence in using sites that i would usually say "are recreational and should be used at home" because of the content is usually spoken about does not seem to fit into education. However, exposure to others classrooms and their use of news reports, podcasts, TikToks, etc.. has sparked my creativity for new reading and writing activities for students to be creative and engaged learners. In addition, this will increase student autonomy and I'm looking forward to see what happens next week.

Slides improving Room 11's workflow

Unless necessary, I always allow students to choose how they want to present their work digitally and majority of students will resort to slides. I never understood why because I grew up using Powerpoints and as much as Powerpoints are fun to use depending on the purpose, I found scratch, docs or drawing more creative. However, after being taught how to make digital worksheets and interactive timetables/task boards, I have been convinced on giving slides ago. The skills I have learnt on slides will help with managing students work as well as creating differentiated work within one place.

Below I am beginning to create my immersion task for Fractions:

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Holly,

    It was great to work with you last week - I love the fractions task you have created. Have you had a chance to try it with your learners yet?
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete