Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Day 9: External Recognition

We made it 🥳

I have really enjoyed the last 9 weeks of learning. It was a very intense and tedious at times however, I feel highly accomplished and proud that I can go in a class and physically support my students digitally or at least find quality resources for them to use. Our Northland Cohort have been a fabulous and enthusiastic team to work with, constantly motivating each other to try new things and give the challenges ago. They have also been amazing a providing the yummiest kai during shared lunches 😋

Our day at Waitangi was beautiful and a highlight. We are so lucky to have facilitates and educators around to teach current and future technologies as well as sharing cultural and historical knowledge of New Zealand.  My favourite tips and tricks from the DFI workflow would be pinning tabs, making bookmark groups and Google Keep. I also love using slides, youtube playlist and drawings to make my learning and teaching visible on my class site. Since starting DFI, my class probably uses their Chromebooks 95% of the time to complete assignments collaboratively and individually.

I have always wanted to be in career field that supports tamariki to be confident, engaged learners and leaders of tomorrow. Being on the DFI course and with Manaiakalani, I feel positive that I am  surrounded by like minded individuals who are all on the same waka to support each other as educators and our tamariki to be better. Which is a really nice feeling. Although, our time on DFI has ended I am excited about what the future could hold.

Below I created a comparison slide to show how my digital skills have grown over my learning experience at DFI. 


Lastly, I passed the Google Certified Educator Level 1 exam. Now I can tell people am officially 'Googly Certified' haha 🎓

No comments:

Post a Comment